If you are using SQL Express Edition for your database, by default auto close flag is set on database. This can result in slowness in the application if the application is left idle for some time. So we can set auto close flag OFF for database.
- Check the SQL instance used for software:
- If you are using standalone software go to C:\ProgramData\HDPOSsmartV2.SA and open HD.Settings.Config file in Notepad. (Right-click on the file name and click on Open With and select Notepad to open the file)
- For Client-Server software this file will be in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\HDPOSServer.
- If you are not using the HDPOSsmart Software folder name will change as per the software used by you.
- In HD.Settings.Config file check source, user id, pwd and catalog (example source=localhost, user id=sa, pwd=SQLSvr@HD and catalog=HDPOS)
- Go to Windows Start and type CMD to open the command prompt
- Type sqlcmd.exe –S localhost –U sa –P SQLSvr@HD press Enter
- Type ALTER DATABASE [HDPOS] SET AUTO_CLOSE OFF WITH NO_WAIT and press Enter
(HDPOS here is catalog which you have checked in HD.Settings.Config file)
- Type go press Enter.